Wabtec Control Systems is a leading provider of railway signalling, asset monitoring and industrial electrical and communications solutions.
The WCS portfolio encompass the specialist areas of, Signalling, Train Control, Communications, Power, Wayside Asset Monitoring and Customer Support.
Signalling, Train Control, Communications and Power
WCS are specialists in rail control, signalling and communications and are a leading provider of industrial electrical and communications solutions. Whether it is a greenfield project, an upgrade of an existing site, we have the capability to provide a complete electrical and communications solution.
Signalling, communications and power turnkey services typically include design consultancy, build and maintenance.
Our key capabilities include:
- Feasibility studies and conceptual design
- Requirements capture and systems engineering
- Project management and project engineering
- System design
- Signalling design (IRSE licenced)
- Wide range of railway signalling solutions and integrated transportation systems
- Preparation of formal signalling design and submission it to the customer
- Producing of schematic plans, interlocking and control circuits design
- Train control system design
- Telecommunication system design
- Manufacturing design
- Onboard systems design, prototyping and installation
- Signalling design automation
- Information system design and support
Wayside Asset Monitoring (Track IQ)
WCS has a global reputation as specialist manufacturer, supplier and maintainer of wayside condition monitoring equipment and data management systems to the rail industry. Monitoring of all rolling stock asset types, the Track IQ portfolio of wayside systems provides rolling stock maintainers the ability to introduce Condition Based Maintenance practice, safely and sustainably.
With over 25 years of experience in condition monitoring, our detailed understanding of the rail industry enables WCS to provide a robust technical and commercial offering that adds value to our customers’ business. Through continuous investment in both organic growth and acquisition, WCS continues to develop sustainable solutions targeted to meet the challenges of operating an efficient modern railway.
Our principle monitoring systems include:
- Acoustic axle bearing monitoring – RailBAM
- Weigh in Motion (WIM) and Wheel Impact Load Detection (WILD) – WCM
- Wheel profile monitoring – WPM
- Brake inspection monitor – BIM
- Full vision inspection system - FVIS
Customer Support Services
We pride ourselves on our ability to provide authoritative Customer Support including signal engineering, train control systems interlocking, automatic signalling and level crossing protection. We also integrate specialist skills in mechanical, civil and other engineering disciplines to offer our customers turnkey design, construct and maintenance packages.