Wabtec Railway Electronics designs and manufactures electronic and electro-pneumatic train control systems for the railway industry.
Integrates new technology with existing train control and operating systems to enhance train operation and safety
- Prevents track authority violations, speed limit violations, unauthorized entry into work zones, and train movement through a switch left in the wrong position, all of which reduce the potential for train accidents
- With I-ETMS®, the crew remains in control of the train. The system monitors and ensures the crew’s compliance with all operating instructions, while the I-ETMS® display screen provides the train crew a wealth of operating information
- As the train moves down the track, the I-ETMS® on-board computer, with the aid of an on-board geographic database and global positioning system, continuously calculates warning and braking curves based on all relevant train and track information including speed, location, movement authority, speed restrictions, work zones, and consist restrictions
- I-ETMS® also communicates with wayside devices checking for broken rails, proper switch alignment and signal aspects
- All information is combined and analyzed in real time to provide a “safety-net” for improved train operation