Centrifugal, In-Line and Axial Flow Transformer Oil Pumps
A division of Unifin, Cardinal Pumps manufactures hundreds of pump configurations used in all of our wide range of transformer oil coolers. They are available in both centrifugal and axial flow designs designed to perform in extreme temperatures, with long life and low maintenance.
Rugged Cast Iron Body
All Cardinal pumps offer rugged split casing design with heavy-duty class 30 cast iron used for the pump casting, motor enclosures, impellers and volutes to provide long life in the field.
Precision-Made Sleeve Bearings
Cardinal offers three bearing types: standard sleeve bearing, the Harley™ sleeve bearing by Cardinal, and the Harley™ sleeve bearing with TecSonics™ bearing wear monitoring.
All Cardinal pump and motor units are pressure-tested to 50 PSIG to ensure the integrity of the complete unit.
Ground Shafts and Dynamic Balancing
All Cardinal sleeve bearing pumps have the bearing journals and thrust surfaces ground between centers to ensure alignment and surface finish. All pump shaft, impeller, and motor assemblies are dynamically balanced for long-term operation.
Motor windings are all tested for 60 seconds at (2 x voltage + 1000) to ensure electrical integrity and continuity, with winding resistance taken both before and after the pump is built. All Cardinal pumps are meggar tested to ensure the integrity of the insulation.
Impellers are designed to permit thermo-siphon flow when the pump is not operating, allowing natural convection even when the pump is completely shut off.
Continuous duty operating temperature ranges from –40ºC (–40ºF) to 100ºC (212ºF).
Special coating is applied to the outside of the pump to protect it from rust. Internal surfaces of the casing can be coated at the customer’s request.
Highly efficient oil-immersed motors are available in single or dual voltage, single or three phase, 50 or 60 hertz frequencies.
Cardinal Pumps can also be specially designed to meet existing pump dimensions and performance requirements, including pumps suitable for rail car service.
Features and Options
- Heavy-duty class 30 cast iron construction for long life
- Impellers designed to permit thermo-siphon for natural convection flow
- Large thrust face sleeve bearings for long life and minimum wear
- Pump and motor unit pressure-tested to ensure integrity
- Pump continuous duty operation temperatures ranging from –40ºC (–40ºF) to 100ºC (212ºF)
- Motors available in 50 & 60 Hz frequencies
- Motor windings electrically tested to ensure electrical integrity
- Special coatings applied to protect against rust outside
- Internal surfaces of the casing can be coated to protect against rust at the customer’s request
- Special motor insulation for transformer cooling liquids other than transformer oil
- Shaft rotation sight plugs to facilitate checking shaft rotation
- Performance run-in testing and certified test curves are available
- Large thrust face bearing
See our other Products HERE