The combined resources and expertise of MotivePower (MPI) and Wabtec Global Services (WGS), provide a complete maintenance solution to any railroad. Together they provide extensive background in component and subsystems manufacturing and repair as well as the service and maintenance of locomotives, passenger cars, rail facilities management and related equipment. These services are performed under the direction and management of Wabtec’s Locomotive Services team (MotivePower, Inc. and Wabtec Global Services) and have performed contract maintenance services for over 600 freight and commuter locomotives and passenger cars for the rail industry, including terminal operations and leasing companies.
Wabtec's team has outstanding and significant experience bringing new maintenance practices and fleet operational improvements to commuter railways. That experience includes:
- Using reliability statistical data to not only assess fleet and subsystem performance, but also to use that data to improve preventive maintenance programs and procedures.
- Implementing maintenance management systems to improve and inform maintenance strategies.
- Using locomotive and rolling stock “health monitoring” systems to continuously monitor the performance, status, and faults of on-board systems.
- Implementing reliability centered maintenance and condition based maintenance programs.
- Training existing maintenance personnel in new practices and procedures, and ensuring they are focused on outcomes, not just maintenance processes.