The rail and transportation industries are complex. The needs of our customers are complicated.
But Wabtec’s mission is simple...to help our customers overcome their toughest operational challenges by delivering rail and industrial solutions that maximize safety, efficiency and productivity.
With more than 27,000 employees in over 50 countries around the world, Wabtec provides innovative solutions to our freight rail, passenger transit and industrial customers. Our history of innovation dates back a century and a half to George Westinghouse’s invention of the air brake.
Today, Wabtec is a leading supplier of freight car and locomotive products. We are a global leader in rail friction, HVAC and pantographs. Our customers depend on us for the development and production of electronic recording, measuring and communications systems. Our focus on advanced engineering and new product development has resulted in more than 4,000 active patents.
Our global Wabtec team accomplishes this through an unwavering commitment to our Wabtec Values. These Values represent the foundation upon which our organization is built.
- Safety – our company was created on the premise of safety. Making rail transportation safer is why we exist.
- Customer Focus – the customer is at the heart of every decision we make and every action we take.
- Continuous Improvement – our industry and our world is changing every day. Our responsibility is to anticipate and respond to those changes in ways that benefit the customers we serve.
- Teamwork – collaboration drives understanding and innovation. We are stronger together.
- Leadership – it’s ultimately about character. And character is reflected in ownership of issues and accountability for results.